Skip to main content
- List the 5 principal reasons behind the positive overall effect of immigrants on native born American wages.
- In 2006, how much did non‐elderly illegal immigrants consume in government healthcare benefits? What is their percentage of the total spending for the same group that year?
- Is the illegal immigrant crime rate higher or lower of native‐born Americans in Texas?
- List the four categories of green cards. What categories are missing?
- List three facts that surprised you. Explain.
- What are some reasons people immigrate to the United States?
- Explain the misconception of why immigrants enter this country illegally.
- Should we open immigration and develop an easier path for legal immigration? What’s the strongest argument opposed to your perspective?
- What rights should an immigrant have in our country?
- Where do you think all the myths in the pamphlet originated from? Use history and present‐day examples.
- Is Immigration an issue in your region or city? If so, why?
- What if there were no immigrants in your area, what would happen?
- What are sanctuary cities? Argue for and against them.
- What is birthright citizenship and why has it become part of the news the last few years?
- Pick three myths/facts about immigration from the booklet and find corresponding news articles/current events about each myth/fact.
- Write an article about immigration using the myths, the facts, and current events in your area.